Open positions in the NOMAD CoE and the association FAIR–DI e.V.
The NOMAD (Novel Materials Discovery) Center of Excellence (CoE) together with the association FAIR-DI e.V. offer several open positions in the following, highly important, and urgent topics or fields:
- A scientific coordinator for computational materials science and Novel Materials Discovery
- Scientific software engineers or developers for building a FAIR data infrastructure
- Computer- and information-science experts for the development of metadata and ontologies for materials science
- Artificial-intelligence (AI) experts for developing AI-guided workflows for high-throughput screening computations and/or developing exploratory and predictive big-data-analytics tools
- Theoretical chemists or physicists for developing a coupled-cluster theory for three- and two-dimensionally extended systems
- Application-software experts for bringing ab initio electronic-structure codes of materials science to exascale performance
Specifically, we are looking for truly outstanding master students, PhD students (“fast track” is possible), and postdocs. If you belong to this group and are interested in one of the noted topics, please send your application to Hanna Krauter (email@example.com).
Your workplace will be in the FAIR-DI/NOMAD Group at the Department of Physics of the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, one of the best universities in Germany.
The application must include in one pdf file:
- A cover letter describing your motivation for applying (max. 1 page)
- A CV with a complete description of your academic career and relevant skills (including a description of your programming experience)
- Contact details of two potential referees
- Your degree certificate(s)
- For applicants for a PhD position: transcripts of courses taken and grades obtained
We look forward to receiving your applications!